Information for Referring Professionals Outside of Colorado
Friends of Man is an all volunteer charity to help people with basic or special needs that cannot be provided elsewhere. We depend on you, the professional in the field, to be our link with people who need help, and we look forward to working with you! We value your involvement in helping people in need.
To request an application and guidelines, please click CONTACT US/Referring Agencies and send us your professional information. Note: We do NOT send applications directly to the applicant.
Outside of Colorado, Friends of Man, assists with many needs such as:
- Medical Equipment
- Mobility Equipment
Our Application Process
- Please fill out the Application Form completely. Your signature, as well as the applicant's, is required on page four. To obtain Application Forms please call or write Friends of Man. Note that we will not send Application Forms directly to an applicant.
- Who can act as a referring professional?
- School personnel
- Nurse or health aid
- Human Resources Staff
- Senior Center Staff
- Hospital Staff
- Social service caseworker
- Social service technicians
- Staff and volunteers at human service agencies
- Please be sure to include income and expenses of everyone living in the household.
- Vendors and providers of items and services may not directly submit applications to Friends of Man. If a vendor knows of a person in need, he/she may direct the applicant to a referring professional.
- Prospective applicants cannot submit their own application to Friends of Man. We can help them find a referring professional, if necessary.
- Friends of Man does not assist with rent, utilities, emergencies, or back bills of any kind (items or services that have already been provided or even ordered).
- Please fill out the Application as completely as possible. Your background narrative is very important to us and your signature, as well as the applicant's, is essential.
- Friends of Man pays vendors directly, only after the item or service has been provided per our written approval.
- How long does it take? Our Disbursement Committee meets weekly, so as soon as we receive all the needed information, the request will be presented.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT, WHEELCHAIRS, PROSTHESES
Please attach a written vendor estimate, a letter from the applicant's physician describing his/her overall health and need for the requested item. Since these are usually expensive items, please seek out and let us know if the applicant is eligible for help from other organizations and how much has been pledged or received
If you have any question regarding our Application, or other areas of possible assistance, don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you for being a vital part of Friends of Man.
Friends of Man
P.O. Box 937
Littleton, Colorado 80160-0937
Phone: (303) 798-2342 Fax: (303) 798-2345